Its about time the Supreme Court does something right. Hopefully we are one step closer to banning something that is so wrong. Its hard for me to imagine that something like this was ever even invented. Now doctors do it everyday, like its no big deal. How it is not classified as murder is beyond me.
The US Supreme Court in a 5-4 vote has upheld the national law banning partial-birth abortions. Or, another way of putting it: they upheld a law prohibiting doctors from murdering viable infants, at least sometimes. – TLP
Tomorrow my Mom and Dad are going on a “Walk for Life”. Which is a walk that raises money for non profit groups that educated mothers on the options they have other then abortion. Abortion is something that really makes me sad; how anyone in their right mind could murder something so innocent and pure. I can see no reason for abortion other then if it puts the mothers life in danger. If you don’t want the baby, adoption is a really good solution. Here in California, you can leave a baby at a police or fire station if you don’t want it. Anything to save the life is better then abortion.
Looking at the stats, I see only one really valid reason.
Reasons for abortion
- 25.5% Want to postpone childbearing
- 21.3% Cannot afford a baby
- 14.1% Has relationship problem or partner does not want pregnancy
- 12.2% Too young; parent(s) or other(s) object to pregnancy
- 10.8% Having a child will disrupt education or job
- 7.9% Want no (more) children
- 3.3% Risk to fetal health
- 2.8% Risk to maternal health
- 2.1% Other
The Declaration of Independence:
“We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness”.
This is a real question. Scientists says that is what separates us from the animals; knowing right from wrong, and knowing of death. If people know the difference, why do they do wrong. Maybe science is wrong.
I don’t think people are born knowing right from wrong. It is something they learn from their parents, and from their religion. Its obvious that some people just want to kill. Terrorist countries teach death to America from birth, and they don’t know anything different. If they knew it was wrong would they still do it? People that murder, people that steal; maybe they don’t know any better.
Who’s to say whats right and whats wrong? People have different opinions about everything else. Maybe some people don’t think killing is wrong, maybe some people don’t think that stealing is wrong, etc. Innocent babies are murdered everyday, and its legal. What are children to think when they see and hear about stuff like that. That is the problem with the world today; they sacrifice doing what is right in the name of freewill.
Think of how much better off the world would be if everyone followed the 10 Commandments. Even if you are not Christian; if everyone followed the rules the world would be beautiful.
- 2. I am the Lord your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of slavery; 3. you shall have no other gods before me.
- 4. You shall not make for yourself an idol, whether in the form of anything that is in heaven above, or that is on the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth. 5. You shall not bow down to them or worship them; for I the Lord your God am a jealous God, punishing children for the iniquity of parents, to the third and the fourth generation of those who reject me, 6. but showing steadfast love to the thousandth generation of those who love me and keep my commandments.
- 7. You shall not make wrongful use of the name of the Lord your God, for the Lord will not acquit anyone who misuses his name.
- 8. Remember the sabbath day, and keep it holy. 9. For six days you shall labour and do all your work. 10. But the seventh day is a sabbath to the Lord your God; you shall not do any work—you, your son or your daughter, your male or female slave, your livestock, or the alien resident in your towns. 11. For in six days the Lord made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that is in them, but rested the seventh day; therefore the Lord blessed the sabbath day and consecrated it.
- 12. Honor your father and your mother, so that your days may be long in the land that the Lord your God is giving you.
- 13. You shall not murder.
- 14. You shall not commit adultery.
- 15. You shall not steal.
- 16. You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor.
- 17. You shall not covet your neighbor’s house; you shall not covet your neighbor’s wife, or male or female slave, or ox, or donkey, or anything that belongs to your neighbor.
Even people that don’t believe in the Bible should grow up learning, and practicing Verses 12-17 They are all basic rules that any honest person should follow. Removing the 10 commandments from schools, and other public places, just because they are religious is not good for our society.